Last update: August 1, 2021
- 1. What We Collect
- 2. How We Use
- 4. How We Share
- 5. Where We Store
- 6. How We Secure
- 7. Internet Advertising and Third Parties
- 8. Access and Option
- 9. Minor’s Personal Information
- 10. How Long We Store Personal Information
- 11. Additional Information for the EU
- 12. California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
- 13. Examples of Information
- 14. Contact Us and Updates
1. What We Collect
Here are the sources from which we gather your information:
• Information Given to Us: You may provide us with information about you in relation to Vinfast Products.
• Automatic Information: Certain types of information are automatically obtained by us when you interact with Vinfast Products.
• Other Sources of Information: We might receive information about you from other sources such as service suppliers, motor vehicle agencies, financial institutions, social media platforms, and public sources.
2. How We Use
Your personal information may be used to administer, deliver, and improve Vinfast Products. We may use personal information for the following purposes, amongst others:
• Operate, Provide Vinfast Products: To administer, process and deliver Vinfast Products and handle contracts related to Vinfast Products, including without limitation registrations, subscriptions, loyalty programs, surveys, purchases, incentive programs and payments.
• Assess, Evaluate, and Improve Vinfast Products: To assess the use, evaluate performance, fix errors, support and develop Vinfast Products.
• Recommendations and Personalization: To recommend Vinfast Products that you may like, recognize your preferences, and personalize your experience with Vinfast Products.
• Comply with Law: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
• Contact You: To communicate with you in relation to Vinfast Products through relevant channels such as email and chat and to answer your requests. This includes contacting you (or other necessary parties) to advise you of important safety-related information, or to notify first responders in the event of an accident involving Vinfast Products.
• Marketing: To promote Vinfast Products in accordance with local laws. We may display interest-based ads for Vinfast Products.
• Prevention of Fraud and Abuse and Credit Risks: To locate and handle fraud to protect our customers, ourselves, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks. Other Purposes Where Consent is Required: We may ask for your consent when we use your personal information for certain relevant purposes that we communicate to you.
• Identifying you when you sign in to use Vinfast Products. This allows us to provide you with suggestions, display content personalized to you, and provide other customized features and services.
• Paying attention to your preferences so we can know what you like and do not like, such as the language and configuration that you chose.
• Researching and analyzing information to improve Vinfast Products.
• Complying with legal obligations as part of our general business operations.
• Preventing fraud and situations that cause a potential threat to the safety or property of any person.
• Securing your information and our services from unauthorized access, loss, and misuse. Improving safety.
• Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our sites and third-party sites. Evaluating the performance of Vinfast Products.
Cookies allow you to utilize certain essential features of ours. For example, if you reject our cookies, you may be unable to use certain products that require your sign-in information, or you may have to adjust some preferences or language settings manually every time you visit our sites or applications.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. Through the 'Help' feature on most browsers, you will know how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to receive notification from the browser when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may need to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site or application, and some features and services may not work.
4. How We Share
• Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through Vinfast Products. You will know when a third party participates in a transaction with you and we may share information relevant to that transaction with that third party.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ and/or cooperate with other companies and individuals to perform certain functions and carry out certain incentive programs, cross-sale programs, etc. Other examples may include sending communications, processing payments, evaluating credit and compliance risks, reviewing interest-supporting programs, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales support (including advertising and event management), managing customer relationships, and training. These third party providers have access to personal information needed to perform their roles, but we do not permit them to use it for any other purposes. Further, we require them to adhere to applicable data protection laws.
• Protection of Us and Others: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe such disclosure is required by law, to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, assets, or the safety of ourselves, our customers, or others. This may include releasing or exchanging information to other organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit and property risk reduction.
• Your Choice: Other than as set out above, you will be notified when your personal information is shared with third parties, and you may be able to elect not to share the information.
5. Where We Store
6. How We Secure
At Vinfast, security is a priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
• We employ technical and security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access and use of your personal information. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
• Your payment card information, which is issued by the relevant financial institution, is protected by us in accordance with international standards on the principle that no important data of the card (card numbers, full names, CVV numbers) is recorded in our system. Your payment transaction is conducted via third-party systems.
7. Internet Advertising and Third Parties
8. Access and Option
You can see, update, and remove certain personal information about your account and your interactions with Vinfast Products. Do let us know if you cannot access or update your personal information yourself.
You have many options in relation to the collection and use of your personal information. Many of Vinfast Products include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to utilize certain Vinfast Products.
• Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please go to your account in the Vinfast official website or app. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records for technical purposes.
• Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, please kindly send the opt-out message following the protocol as instructed (or use other methods specified in the relevant contracts with you). If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or your device.
• Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
9. Minor’s Personal Information
10. How Long We Store Personal Information
We retain your personal information to provide you with Vinfast Products, for as long as it is needed to meet the relevant purposes described herein, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise informed to you. How long we keep certain personal information will be different based on the purpose for its use, and we will adhere to the law when deleting your personal information.
11. Additional Information for the EU
The following additional information about the privacy, collection, and use of personal information is provided for prospective and current customers of Vinfast Products in the European Economic Area.
• Processing. We process your personal information on one or more of the following legal bases:
• As necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide Vinfast Products, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
• As necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations;
• As necessary to respond to lawful requests and orders; or
• With your consent.
• Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
• Ask whether we hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
• Request that inaccurate personal information be corrected;
• Request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
• Request us to restrict the processing of personal information where the processing is inappropriate; Object to the processing of personal data;
• Request portability of personal information that you have provided to us (which does not include information derived from the collected information), where the processing of such personal information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means; and
• Lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that we violate your privacy rights. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability by contacting us. If you wish to do any of these things and you are our customer, please contact us. If you are not our customer, please contact us at the address under Section 11 above. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
12. California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we provide the information below to inform California residents about our collection, use, and sharing of personal information and explain how California residents may exercise their CCPA rights.Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information about California residents:
• Identifiers (e.g., name, username, email address, physical address, phone number, government-issued identifiers, IP address, and cookie numbers)
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g., marital status, military or veteran status, or age)
• Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, payment information)
• Biometric information (e.g., voice information and facial images)
• Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., interactions with our websites, apps, emails, or online advertisements)
• Geolocation data (e.g., your location as inferred by your IP address)
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information (e.g., images or videos that you provide to us, and call recordings)
• Professional or employment-related information (e.g., information about your organization)
• Inferences drawn from other personal information (e.g., your interests or characteristics)Sources of Personal Information
Below are the categories of personal information that we may disclose for business purposes or sell, and the categories of third parties to whom each category of personal information may be disclosed for business purposes or sold. Vinfast does not sell consumers’ personal information in exchange for money. However, under the CCPA’s broad definition of the term “sale,” some of our disclosures of personal information to third parties (e.g., advertising vendors that are allowed to use personal information for their own purposes) may qualify as “sales” under the CCPA.
• Representatives of California residents
• Government agencies
• Our affiliates and third party companies and organizations in relation to human resource activities and workforce management
• Our affiliates and third party companies and organizations in relation to providing Vinfast Products, completing transactions, supporting our everyday operations, or business management and development
• Our affiliates and third parties companies and organizations in connection with routine or required reporting
N/A – We do not sell this category of personal information to third parties.Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
• Commercial information
• Biometric information
• Internet or other electronic network activity information
• Geolocation data
• Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information
• Professional or employment-related information
• Inferences drawn from other personal information
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.Consumer Rights
• Under the CCPA, California residents have the following rights:
• Right to Know
• California residents have the right to request information about our collection, use, and sharing of their personal information, as well as the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them.
• Right to Delete
• California residents have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from them.
• Right to Opt Out of Sales
• California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
• Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercise of CCPA Rights
• We will not discriminate against California residents as a result of their exercise of any of their rights under the CCPA.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you may set in your web browser allowing for opt out of tracking by websites and online services. While we do not recognize or respond to DNT signals, for further information regarding DNT please visit www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
California residents may submit a request to exercise their CCPA rights by:
• Sending us an email to the email address: [email protected] If we receive a Right to Know or Right to Delete request from a California resident, we will attempt to verify the request based on information we have about the requestor. However, depending on the information provided by the requestor and the nature of the request, we may need to request additional information in order to verify the requestor’s identity. California residents have the right to have an authorized agent submit a CCPA request on their behalf. Authorized agents may submit a request to exercise CCPA rights on behalf of a California resident by contacting us at the contact information above.
13. Examples of InformationInformation You Give Us
We mainly obtain information about you when you:
• Search for, subscribe to, use, or purchase Vinfast Products;
• Create and use your account;
• Interact with Vinfast Products;
• Register for or attend a VinFast event;
• Buy or use products or services from third-party providers through Vinfast’s websites or apps (or other similar platforms provided by us);
• Offer your products, or services on or through Vinfast Products or Vinfast’s websites or apps (or other similar platform provided by us);
• Contact us through official channels such as our customer support center, call center, or email;
• Complete a questionnaire or other information request form;
• Post on Vinfast’s websites or apps or similar.
Depending on your use of Vinfast Products, we may obtain from you such information as:
• Your name, email and physical address, phone number, and other contact information;
• Payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
• Information about your location, miles travelled, average speed, average charge frequency, etc..;
• Your organization and your contacts’ information, such as your organization’s colleagues or people;
• Usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
• Feedback, questions, correspondences with us;
• Your image, voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend a Vinfast event or use Vinfast Products;
• Information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information, nationality;
• Corporate and financial information; and Value Added Tax (“VAT”), Personal Income Tax (“PIT”) numbers and other tax identifiers.Automatic Information
We mainly automatically receive information when you:
• Interact with or use Vinfast Products (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with Vinfast Products);
• Download content from us;
• Open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
• Interact with us.
Examples of the information automatically collected may include:
• Information about network and connection, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• Information in relation to computer and device information (e.g., device, application, browser, browser plug-in, or operating system);
• Your device or computer’s whereabouts;
• Authentication and security;
• Content interaction information (e.g., downloads, and playback details);
• Vinfast Products metrics (e.g., products usage, technical errors, reports, settings, backup information, application programming interface (“API”) calls, and other logs);
• The content viewed or searched by you, page response times, and page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks);
• Email and phone numbers to contact us; and
• Identifiers and information contained in cookies.Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
• Information on marketing, sales and recruitment (e.g., your name, email, physical address, phone number, and other similar information);
• Information about your interactions with Vinfast Products or third parties’ products in relation to Vinfast Products (e.g., subscription, purchase, support, or other);
• Search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links); and
• Credit history information.
14. Contact Us and Updates
Email: [email protected]
Address: VinFast Dealer San Francisco #1, LLC, 12777 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Suite A-101, Los Angeles, CA 90066