The VinFast PoweredUp Promotional Offer (the “Promotion”) as described herein is made available by VinFast Auto, LLC (“VinFast”) to customers (“Customers”) who purchase or lease either a VinFast VF 8 City Edition vehicle from the stock of 999 units shipped to the United States in 2023, or a VinFast VF 8 Standard (CATL Battery) vehicle from the stock of 1098 units shipped to the United States in 2023 (either, a “Vehicle”).
1. Public Charging Offer. VinFast will enable free Vehicle public charging in its network for one year (the “Complementary Charging Term”) as follows:
- For Customers whose Vehicles were delivered on or before September 5, 2023, the Complimentary Charging Term shall commence on September 5, 2023.
- For Customers whose Vehicles are delivered after September 5, 2023, the Complimentary Charging Term will commence on the Vehicle delivery date.
2. Public Charging Network. Charging under the Promotion will be available within VinFast’s public charging network of charge point operators (each, a “CPO”). The list of CPOs below is current as of September 1, 2023, and is subject to change:
- Electrify America
- Blink/Sema Connect
- Shell Recharge/Sky
- ZEF ENERGY
- FPL Evolution
- Evolve NY
3. Charging Post Rules. Use of the charging posts is subject to the rules and guidelines as established by the CPO, including the requirement to move vehicles when charging is complete or to incur idle fees. Idle fees and penalties may be established and updated by VinFast or the CPO at their discretion, and will be as identified in the charging app. The Promotion does not cover idle fees.
4. Account Set Up. Customers can set up their charging account while setting up their customer app. A valid credit card is needed to start a charging account and is in place to cover any additional costs associated with a charging session, such as idle fees, penalties, or taxes, all of which are not covered under the Promotion.
5. Charging App. Customers can view nearby charging stations, check charging post availability, easily start or check in on the status of a charging session, and more by using the VinFast charging app from a smartphone or computer.
6. kWh Usage Cap. Complimentary charging is limited to 3460kWh per year. Any usage beyond this threshold will be charged to the Customer.
7. Combination with Other Promotions. This Promotion may be used in combination with other charging promotions offered by VinFast. For example, where complimentary charging is available under another promotion for a period of time, the Complimentary Charging Term under this Promotion will be added to the end of that period.
8. Transferability. Any time remaining on the Complimentary Charging Term is transferrable with the sale of the Vehicle.
9. Exclusions. The Promotion does not apply to VinFast vehicles acquired other than through a VinFast California showroom, nor to internal fleets, service vehicles, demonstration/display vehicles, loaner vehicles, B2B/Fleet sale vehicles, or aftersales testing vehicles.
11. Release. THE CUSTOMER AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS VINFAST AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR PAST AND PRESENT DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DEATH; CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY; AND ANY CLAIMS BASED ON A VIOLATION OF A THIRD PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS), RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, RELATED TO CUSTOMER’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION.
12. Miscellaneous. (a) Except as otherwise described above, Customer’s rights and obligations under the Promotion are non-transferable. (b) Customer may be subject to federal, state, or local tax on benefits received under the Promotion. (c) the Promotion is subject to change or discontinuation at VinFast’s sole discretion.